Black Smith House in Pawhuska
The Black Smith House in Pawhuska was built in 1871. This 5-room house with native timbers and 18″ thick sandstone walls was the first to be built in Pawhuska.
Also, when the Osages were removed from Kansas, Sid Delarue, a Swiss blacksmith, was promised the house if he would come to care for their horses. The Black Smith House is listed in the “National Register of Historic Places” on May 7, 1979. The house was acquired by donation from the First National Bank to the Pawhuska Community Foundation.
Now, the Black Smith House is occupied by the Pawhuska Chamber of Commerce.